- Keep your coil as close to the ground as possible to ensure you are not skipping any objects.
- When starting out I would advise you to create a test area in your yard and place a few different items in the area and go over them with the detector. This will give you an idea of the sound which your metal detector makes for the different types of metals.(Example: gold, silver, copper,brass,tin,iron etc.)
- Do a little research there may be some interesting areas you may want to discover. A good place to start is google images and try looking for old arial photos, old news articles or outdoor events which are hosted in your area.
- always ensure you carry extra batteries, you may be away from the vehicle and it would be a real pain to run out of juice when you start to find items.
- When detecting old sites always be aware of old wells, these can be very dangerous because someone could potentially fall in and someone may not be around again for days even months.
- discrimination is a wonderful tool which is found on many different machines however by turning this up too much you could potentially miss valuebles such as coins or gold rings.
Friday, 2 November 2012
Metal Detecting Tips
As mentioned in my previous post there are many different tips which will help you when Metal detecting.